12 April, 2010

The Thousand Voices

I am the pushy girl. 
I am the bossy girl. 
I am the girl with the loud voice. 
I am the angry girl. 
I am the quiet girl. 
I am the girl who won't take no.  

I am the butch girl. 
I am the femme girl. 
I am the girl who was called a boy.
I am the good girl. 
I am the bad girl. 
I am the girl who decides on her own. 

I am the thin girl. 
I am the fat girl. 
I am the girl who doesn't care.  
I am the pretty girl. 
I am the ugly girl. 
I am the girl with the hairy legs. 

I am the straight girl. 
I am the queer girl. 
I am the girl who is asexual.  
I am the shy girl. 
I am the scared girl. 
I am the girl who's been there before.  

I am the dark girl. 
I am the light girl. 
I am the girl you can't define. 
I am the sane girl. 
I am the mad girl. 
I am the girl who knows her mind.

I am the girl with long hair. 
I am the girl with short hair. 
I am the girl with no hair at all. 
I am the girl who fights. 
I am the girl who cries. 
I am the girl who doesn't think twice.  

I am the girl in the little black dress. 
I am the girl with scars upon her wrist. 
I am the girl in the dirty jeans.  
I am the girl in nothing at all.

I am unhurt although you hurt me. 
I am unashamed although you shame me. 
I am complete although you break me. 
I am unstoppable although you try to stop me.

I am hysterical. 
I am emotional. 
I am rational. 
I am logical. 

I am not here to make you comfortable. 
I am not here for your desire.
I am not here for your attention. 
I am not here for your demands.

I am me. 
I am here for me. 
Yes, I am that girl.    

1 comment:

annaham said...

This is awesome, Katt.